MatrixCarbon, 4 L / 1 gal.
- Product Dimensions: 8 x 8 x 7.5 inches ; 5.11 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 5.5 pounds
- Item model number: 109
- Spherical Bead Shape For Optimum Hydrodynamics That Will Not Pack Like Competing Products
- Permits Maximum Water Flow And Contact With Is High Density Of Macroporous Binding Sites
- MatrixCarbon has a very low ash content as indicated by its minimal impact on pH; even when added to distilled water it does not raise above a ph of 7
- Outperforms Other High Grade Carbons By At Least Two Fold When Compared For Total Capacity To Remove Organic Matter, Rate Of Adsorption, And Duration
- 250 Milliliters Treats 100 Us Gallons For Several Months
MatrixCarbon is a truly unique activated carbon. It is formed as a spherical bead for optimum hydrodynamics, and will not pack. It permits maximum water flow and contact with its high density of macroporous binding sites. MatrixCarbon has a very low ash content as indicated by its minimal impact on pH. Even when added to distilled water, it does not raise pH above 7.0. While all carbons contain phosphate, regardless of false claims to the contrary, MatrixCarbon has the lowest detectable leachable phosphate content of all major carbon brands tested. MatrixCarbon outperforms other high grade carbons by at least two-fold when compared for total capacity to remove aquarium organic matter, rate of adsorption, and duration of use. This product is sold by volume. Cited weight is minimal weight.